CLIFF NOTES FOR THE DOG OWNER
adapted from USA DOG's Cliff notes for adopted greyhounds
1. Be patient. This can be a lot like living with a 2 year old toddler.
2. Have a sense of humor - dogs can be very silly.
3. Teach them what you what them to know. Teach them the rules of the household from the very beginning - they won't understand why the rules change when they get larger
4. Teach them to go up or down stairs if they need to know how. Don't let them jump up or down. Walk up and down with them until they are comfortable. DO NOT CARRY THEM... unless you plan to do it forever.
5. Assume that they are not housebroken; this will help them adjust to your schedule and routine, and prevent frustration.